Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Beastie: Tales of Romney and the Evil One

I tuned in to watch the Republican presidential candidates debate last night, because I'd seen a disturbing report about Mitt Romney.

Bill Keller, a St. Petersburg, Fla., evangelist declared on his website, "If you vote for Mitt Romney you are voting for Satan." If Romney, a Mormon, becomes president, he said, it would "lead millions of souls to the eternal flames of hell."

Keller bills himself as the "Dr. Phil of Prayer" and "the next big thing in mass media religion." Howard Stern calls the guy up to have him on his radio show. Keller's ministry brings in more than $2 million annually. Now his TV show is on the i Network (formerly PAX).

So I tuned in, just in case Keller knew something no one else did. But I didn't see anything evil about Mitt Romney--at least not any more evil than the rest of the politicos.

That's when I decided to find out some more about Keller himself. Could this man be the Antichrist? These random thoughts often enter my head, but stranger things have turned up in my decades of supernatural sleuthing. Cabbages and kings, vorpal blades and hand grenades, I always say. Ya never know.

Anyway, turns out Keller has a shady background, which he disguises as part of his "testimony" on his website. In 1989 he became involved in insider trading of the stock market, was convicted, lost everything, and spent the next 2 1/2 years in federal prison. That brought him back to God, he says. He sometimes claims he doesn't solicit donations. But last year he started telling viewers donations are needed to pay off his ministries' $500,000 debt.

One unsettling aspect of Keller's media ministry, however, caught my eye. He refuses to put his programs on religious radio or TV stations. "I'll go sell shoes before I do that," Keller said.

This of course is un-American, and vaguely communistic.

He also once called Oprah Winfrey a "New Age witch." That, of course, is also un-American.

Finally, when I heard that Americans United for Separation of Church and State had asked the IRS to yank Keller's tax-exempt status for his remarks about Romney, I knew we had a live one.

So I entered all his data, hooked together all the bungie cords to the correct levers and kick-started the Beastie machine. Nothing. Clean as a whistle. Undetered, I did more research. I found one news article that included Keller's middle initial-- H. Hmm. Adding that in didn't help.

But is that "H" as innocent as it appears, I wondered? Could it stand for the word "hogmagog," a Celtic version of the biblical "Gog and Magog?"

In fact, "Hogmagog" is a Celtic solar divinity. Britain’s Megg’s Hills are named for her, and several hillside chalk effigies portray her. (One is carved into the earth at Wandlebury near Cambridge). In Scotland, New Year’s Eve is called Hogmanay or "Moon of the Hag" in her honor.

Indeed, typing in "Rev. William Hogmagog Keller" adds up to exactly 666, the number of the Beast, using the Hebrew Gamatria methods I rely on.

In my opinion, Keller just went from being a squeeky-clean televangelist to a groveling minion of the Dark Lord himself. And any thinking person would give him at least half a chance of being the Antichrist, as I have done.

So who's a New Age witch now?


Technorati Tags: ,
, ,

5 comments:

Matt Mikalatos said...

Now that's comedy!

Anonymous said...

he definitely has that beastie hairdo! surely that affects the scoring.

Anonymous said...

If the Beast looks that cool, I have to say, I think I'd take the mark, just to get some hair care tips.

Dennis Thompson said...

Mormonism is a cult. So I would have to agree with him to a degree on this one. I also think if someone is on "Christian TV", if you look closely they are scamming people. Such as the word of faith people.

KingBushwicktheToityToid said...

Unfortunately,Since 1980,We've Gotten Stuck With A Bunch of Wackos In The Name Of The Lord!!
Some Are Truly Unintentionally Funny:Bob Tilton.
Some Are Truly Boring:Kirk Cameron.
Some Are Truly Whacked Out:Fred Phelps,Pat Robertson.
Remember:There's Only Five Months and Two Weeks Until It's Guy fawkes Day Again!!