Monday, January 21, 2008

The Primaries in Song, Vol. II


We've been examining the Primaries through the prism of music. Last time we tipped our hat to the Republicans. Now it's the Democrats' turn. It's interesting that the political essence of each Democratic candidate can be summed up in a popular Broadway show tune.

For instance, here's Barack Obama! sung to the tune of Hakuna Matata! from the hit musical The Lion King:

Barack Obama! What a wonderful phrase
Barack Obama! Ain't no passing craze.
It means no worries for the rest of your days
It's a problem-free political philosophy--
Barack Obama!
Then there's Hillary Clinton's version of The Little Mermaid show-stopper, Under the Sea:
Back in DC
Where Bill and I used to be,
Better the White House
than Capital Hill, You can take it from me!
Up on the Hill they'll work all day
on health legislation they'll slave away.
While we're applyin'
Full time to lyin'
Back in DC.

Back in DC,
Back in DC
Policy jargon
gives Bill a hard-on, take it from me!
We what the pundits love to cook,
but back in DC we off the hook.
In the White House no troubles,
Life is the bubbles,
Back in DC.
OK, that was harsh. But here's John Edwards' version of the intensely emotional Defying Gravity from Wicked.
Something has changed within me,
Something is not the same.
I'm through with playing the "lawyer"
I want to spoil someone else's game.
Too late for second-guessing
Too late to go back to court
It's time to trust in my millions
Throw my hat in the ring... or abort.
It's time to try
Defying HILLARY
I think I'll try
Defying HILLARY
And you can't pull me down...
And soon I'll match them in renown
And nobody in all DC
No pollster that was or will be
Is ever gonna bring me down!

Sadly, Dennis Kucinich has no song... because nothing rhymes with Kucinich.

FurlStumbleUponTechnorati Tags: Democratic Candidates Songs, Christian humor, satire, humor

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want to quote your post in my blog. It can?
And you et an account on Twitter?

The Block said...

Sure, quote away if you want.