Thursday, October 18, 2007

Bored Game with Joel Osteen


The wife was off on her separate vacation. The kids don't live here anymore. Nothing was on TV. I was depressed. It was time to pull out the Joel Osteen-inspired "Your Best Life Now: The Game."

That's right, it's a board game based on the Houston pastor's bestselling book. You can buy it for $34.99 at Family Christian Stores. (I hadn't heard about it, but you probably have-- it came out last year).

Anyway, players progress through seven levels in the game. Each level has a challenge to overcome. The levels relate to the seven steps of "living at your full potential." It's sort of like Monopoly but instead of dealing in money, its currency is... air.

I ran into problems immediately. You're supposed to Develop a Healthy Self Image by making positive statements about yourself while looking into this tiny mirror. I couldn't think of anything, but I had a Have Faith card that let me get to the next step. Later I got to use my Wonder Word card, too.

I got through Discover the Power of Your Thoughts, Let Go of the Past and Find Strength Through Adversity. But I got stuck on Live to Give, and never made it to Tomorrow. I went to bed even more depressed.

I guess sometimes your best life just isn't good enough.


FurlStumbleUponTechnorati Tags: Joel Osteen, Christian humor, satire, humor

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

There should be a board game based on popular new age self help book The Secret, in which the person who most desires to win wins.

Anonymous said...

How about 'Crap - The Board Game'? That would cover both Osteen and The Secret. The winner would be the one who makes the most money off book sales, seminars, etc.